Why Get Pre-Qualified?
1. Pre-qualification acts as a dry run of the loan application process. The mortgage lender will use details you provide about your credit, income, assets and debts to arrive at an estimate of how much mortgage you can afford. The whole process may take only minutes or a few hours at most, and is free.
2. While a "pre-qual" is non-binding to the lender (because the information you provide has not been verified), it does serve as a good indication to potential sellers of your general creditworthiness.
3. These days most sellers will NOT accept an offer without at least a pre-approval letter, so if you are serious about buying this is the first step towards getting you in your new home.
A Few Recommended Lenders/Apply Online:
(in no particular recommended order)
- Community Mortgage
- Mortgage Investors Group
- People's Home Equity
- Prime Lending
- SouthEast Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- Mortgage Rates
- "Know Before You Owe" By the CPFB
- Free Credit Report (with score)
- Free Credit Report (without score)
- Need Credit Help?
- Need Credit Help? (another source)
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- Realty Title
- Reli Title
- Closing Cost Calculator
- VA Loan Payment Calculator
- Title Policy Premium Calculator